Heat is a hair-moisture vampire. Blow-drying on high heat basically sucks the moisture out of your hair leaving it all frizzy and sometimes static-ey. Curling irons and straighteners also work the same way. Not good for me because I love curling my hair. I used to use a straightener (the clamp and rotate trick) but now I switched to a clamp-less curling iron. All that heat is tough on my hair. I could feel the changes, frizziness and hair breakage. Thankfully there is Heat Protection Spray which reduces the risk for serious hair and heat damage!
I use Tresemme Vitamin-Enriched Heat Tamer Spray which both styles and protects. This is my main product. My Tresemme is running out so I needed a replacement. So I picked up a Boots Hat Protection Spray from the Boots Pharmacy in the Thailand airport. I’m still looking for a good alternative in Manila. If anyone is familiar with any other brands that are more accessible here, please let me know!
How it works: Spray on damp/semi-dry hair prior to styling or blow-drying. I spray mostly on the ends than the roots because that’s where I curl the most.
Does it work? – I personally feel that it does. My hair doesn’t get as frizzy (or crunchy) and the curls come out soft and healthy-looking. The best part is the next day, when I wash it out, my hair doesn’t feel dry. I also couple this with a Moisture Shampoo which aids in restoring moisture.
If you can’t get access to heat-protection spray, it’s okay. But here are some hair moisture-preserving tips:
- If you must blow-dry, avoid the heat setting as much as possible. Most dryers have a “cool” setting, use this instead. Use the heat sparsely and hold it a bit further away from your hair.
- If you are heat-styling, don’t expose your hair to the straightener/curler longer than necessary. As in, when it starts to burn, please stop. (I’m not kidding, some people style until they smell the “funny” smell) That’s your hair burning, ladies.
- If you can adjust the temperature of your styling gadget, lower it. Resist the urge to max it out.
- Find a good shampoo for dry/damaged hair.
- Hello, 2020!
- Looking For: Place to Host a Birthday Outreach
- Website Problems
- Follow Me on Instagram
- Missing you, Juelly.
- Musings: Wealth
- Assorted Whiskey for Sale
- Mosaic by the Creek
- The Stranger in Ultra
- 5 things Filipinos need to do to be better people
- Melchor Flores and the Strange Phonecalls
- Hello, I’m alive!
- Nanay Elsie
- Diet Diaries: Fit Food Manila Week
- Let me tell you about my dog, Jazzy
- Nahm at the Metropolitan Bangkok
- Separation Anxiety
- Diet Diaries: Paleo Manila Day 4 and 5
- Diet Diaries Paleo Manila Day 2 and 3
- Diet Diaries: Paleo Manila Day 1