Am snack: plantains with pure dark chocolate. Sorry for the unattractive photo. The chocolate chilled in the fridge which ended up being good cuz i scraped away the oil and put the chocolate very modestly on the plantains.
Dinner: jamaican short ribs (no picture)
My brother ate this. I didn’t get to have it for dinner because I had an event and ate there instead.
-some of the food tastes and feels (texture-wise$ similar which leads me to believe they are following a certain menu wherein the same ingredients are being used. I cant identify yet what flavors exactly but maybe after 1 more week, i can.
-okay i didn’t cheat on purpose. for the most part i stuck to the menu with the exception of wednesday lunch and friday evening. I attended meetings and events which provided meals. I was embarrassed to whip out my paleo meal. So i partook in the food spread but i was careful to select food which was more paleo friendly. The result, I have some extra paleo meals which i carried over to the weekend.
This 5-day plan cost me Php3,600. 650/day for 3meals and 2snacks. 70/day for delivery. since i live pretty central to everything i’m not really used to paying such a high delivery. I wish the delivery is free haha. That’s the part I don’t like. But anyway. The entire thing isn’t cheap but it’s not too expensive either (other paleo delivery companies are 950/day)
The ultimate question is whether i lost weight. Answer, no. It doesn’t work that way and especially not after 1 week. But! I did experience the following:
1) less bloated tummy, i fit better into my pants.
2) reduced cravings for junk food
3) stronger ability to say no to unhealthy food
4) an better awareness of whats healthy in a meal
5) more consistent meal habits (a no brainer because the food is already with me but! Now my body knows what a regular eating pattern is like and that’s a great thing, for me)
Would i do it again? Yes!!! In fact, on wednesday, i already signed up for another week. Their slots were already full but they gladly accommodated me which I’m super grateful for.
Looking forward to week 2 of Paleo!
- Missing you, Juelly.
- Assorted Whiskey for Sale
- Mosaic by the Creek
- The Stranger in Ultra
- 5 things Filipinos need to do to be better people
- Melchor Flores and the Strange Phonecalls
- Hello, I’m alive!
- Nanay Elsie
- Diet Diaries: Fit Food Manila Week
- Let me tell you about my dog, Jazzy
- Nahm at the Metropolitan Bangkok
- Separation Anxiety
- Diet Diaries: Paleo Manila Day 4 and 5
- Diet Diaries Paleo Manila Day 2 and 3
- Diet Diaries: Paleo Manila Day 1
- Aguirre AveXplorer: The Girl + The Bull
- Southern Culinary Tour: Ugu Bigyan Pottery Garden and Restaurant
- Southern Culinary Tour: Sulyap Gallery and Cafe
- The Luxe Bus
- Robin Williams